Re: limiting consoles features

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

ah...very true.  a limited login isn't quote available with that bit of
code there.  if you can get them to run the console client on a host
they should have full access to, then it wouldn't be bad (since the
command is run on the client side).

but, i do understand your point, and i can see the need for a switch to
be able to turn this off.  for now, if you remove (or comment out or #if
it away or whatever) the case statement on line 3620 of
conserver/group.c (the '|' one), you'll disable the feature.  the only
other bit of diddying up you might want to do is also remove the
reference on line 421 of conserver/client.c (the help message).

i'll make sure either a run-time or compile-time (or both) switch is put
in for the next release to turn this off so things can be more secure.

Bryan