Config/operation question

Pete Geenhuizen pgeenhuizen@carolina.rr.com
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 04:29:18 -0800 (PST)

Just compiled conserver and am testing it for possible use, looks promising thus far.  I do have a question about the reinitcheck option, and perhaps I'm miss interpreting it.

Reintcheck as best I can tell sets up a delay or frequency for conserver to check the connection to a particular host, and if the connection is broken it will then re-connect, is that correct?

I've set the value to ten thinking it was seconds, but I believe that its minutes according to the -O option, so I'll need to change that.  Either way I don't see that it has any affect,providing that my assumption is correct.

What I want to do/need is to be able to go to the terminal concentrator and reset the port so that I can use the old fashioned way of connecting to the console, and then when I'm done have conserver pick up the console once again.

Is reinitcheck the way to do that or is there another alternative, as it stand now as soon as I issue a port reset conserver detects the disconnect and immediately re-connects.

Thanks in advance for any insight or help that you could provide.

Pete
--
"Unencumbered by the thought process"
--1992-2000 Click and Clack presidential campaign slogan