Lucent PortMaster 2e config issues

John Stoffel stoffel@lucent.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:22:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Does anyone have the steps they take to configure a Lucent/Livingston
PortMaster 2e to work with Conserver, talking to Sun
servers/workstations?

I've found Alfredo Cabrera's port from November 2001, but I'm not sure
if it covers all the bases properly.

Here's what I'm trying now:

  set <port> cd on
  set <port> extended on
  set <port> modem
  set <port> cd off
  set <port> speed 1 9600
  set <port> speed 2 9600
  set <port> speed 3 9600
  set <port> idletime 0
  set <port> hangup off
  set <port> prompt :
  set <port> device /dev/network
  set <port> service_device telnet <tcp_port>
  set <port> service_login telnet <tcp_port>

Where <port> is s1 through s20, and <tcp_port> is 2000 + (port number
* 100).

Also, from looking on Zonker's greater scoll of console knowledge,
it's not clear whether or not the PortMaster 2e passed or failed the
Break test.  So guess before I put a bunch of these out in production
(replacing Xyplex MAXserver 1620 which HAVE the break problem), it
would be great to hear other people's results with these units.

Thanks,
John
   John Stoffel - Senior Unix Systems Administrator - Lucent Technologies
	 stoffel@lucent.com - http://www.lucent.com - 978-952-7548