connection to terminal server cli

Carl Zwanzig cpz@tuunq.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:04:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've just set up 8.0.9 on a RH9 system, and for the most part, all is
going well. The current bogon is that connections to the internal CLI
on some of the terminal servers doesn't echo characters. We have both
cisco 2511s (11.0 and 12.0) and some portmaster 2e's (3.7.2 and .2c4).

The definitions look like:
console cs0   { type host;     host cs0.lab.blablalba;
                port 23; options ondemand; }

In general, the cisco's work and the PMs don't. If I telnet to the
PMs, I get character echo. If I console to them, I don't.

Any thoughts?

z!
Carl Zwanzig