Problems with 8.1.0

Matt.Letts Matt.Letts@uk.ing.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 03:10:54 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to configure conserver 8.1.0 using ssh and am having problems
connecting using the console command.

The logfile reports the following:

login: [-- root@lds001 attached -- Fri Feb 27 10:06:44 2004]
[-- root@lds001 detached -- Fri Feb 27 10:06:53 2004]
[-- Console down -- Fri Feb 27 10:06:53 2004]
[-- Console up -- Fri Feb 27 10:06:53 2004]
SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_2.9p1
[-- root@lds001 attached -- Fri Feb 27 10:07:15 2004]
[-- root@lds001 detached -- Fri Feb 27 10:07:20 2004]
[-- Console down -- Fri Feb 27 10:07:20 2004]
[-- Console up -- Fri Feb 27 10:07:21 2004]
SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_2.9p1

and the screen which I am running the console command on comes back with:

[Enter `^Ec?' for help]
SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_2.9p1
                      [read-only -- use ^E c ? for help]
[read-only -- use ^E c ? for help]
[read-only -- use ^E c ? for help]

I presume that I have a config error in my .cf file, but not sure what to
start looking at.

And ideas would be most appreciated!

Matt Letts
Unix admin
020 7767 6742

The information in this Internet email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this Internet email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Internet email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing ING terms of business or client engagement letter.

Authorised by the Dutch Central Bank and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK business.

Visit us at www.ing.com