Re: Conserver with Comtrol RocketPort

nathan r. hruby nhruby@uga.edu
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:45:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Michael Redinger wrote:

Hello,

has anyone tested the Comtrol RocketPort uPCI 32-port card with conserver?
I am planning to use 2 of these cards in a 1U server and use it as
console server.

Or are there any other uPCI cards which support at least 32 Ports (1U
rack mounted)?
I know the Cyclades-Y series card, but it is only available as 32-bit
PCI card (not uPCI) - this means that I would not be able to put 2 of
them in our 1U servers.
(Yes, there is the Perle RIO, but the rack mount concentrators only have
16 ports, and it is more expensive.)

The Ze cards (PCI only) support up to 64 ports per card, with the gotcha that each 16 port breakout box consumes and additional 1U and you need to buy an additional power supply for the 3rd and 4th breakout boxes.

FWIW, I'm happy with my Ze's as well as my TS's.  What particular problems
have you had?

-n

nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free