Weird problem with conserver-8.0.3

Rolf Petter Halle rph@online.no
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

After upgrading to conserver-8.0.3 from 7.2.2, we've experienced
a couple of strange problems.

The first connection to "host1.domain.name" after starting conserver
takes quite a long time to succeed. The next connection appears normal
(fast).

It does not matter whether I specify "host1" or "host1.domain.name"
as the console name.

The real problem is that the next time I try to connect to another
console in the same console group (controlled by the same conserver),
I end up with the previous host, unless I use the full console name.

This is how it looks

cs4(root) / 548# console host1
[Enter `^Ec?' for help]

host1.domain.no console login: [disconnect]
cs4(root) / 549# console host2
[Enter `^Ec?' for help]

host1.domain.no console login: [disconnect]    <- WRONG CONSOLE
cs4(root) / 550# console host2.online.no
[Enter `^Ec?' for help]

host2.domain.no console login: [disconnect]
cs4(root) / 551#

Here are some parts of conserver.cf

===========
default * {
        logfile /var/log/conserver/&.log;
        timestamp 1h;
        baud 9600;
        parity none;
        rw *;
        master localhost;
        type device;
}

config * {
    defaultaccess rejected;
    passwdfile /etc/conserver/conserver.passwd;
}

console host1.domain.no { device /dev/sts/ttyN00; }
console host2.domain.no { device /dev/sts/ttyN01; }

The software is compiled under Solaris 2.6 and 8 with
Sun's compiler(s)

And thanks for a great product.

Rolf