Re: Conserver + RSC ports?

Trevor Fiatal trevor@seven.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:02:01 -0800 (PST)

Nicholas Penney wrote:
> Trevor,
>
> Yes, I would really like to be able to use conserver to connect to the
> RSC, using telnet or ssh, and drop me directly to the console prompt.
>
> Can you show me an example of one of your conserver config lines from a
> host using and RSC (changing any names etc. as necessary)?

As I mentioned, we don't currently use an autologin script to log in to
the RSC port and drop to the console.  Instead, our standard operating
procedure is to log in to the RSC any time we find one not already in
'console pass-through' mode, and leave in console mode when we log out.
(The alternative would be to embed a RSC login ID and password into a
script used by conserver, and I am not in favor of storing usernames and
passwords in scripts.)

Here's an example of how you might set up conserver to directly access
your RSC cards instead of a terminal server hooked up to ttya.  Note
that 'hostname-RSC' should resolve to the IP address for the conserver
card in the server, either via /etc/hosts or in DNS.  'conserver0' is
the name of the primary conserver host managing your consoles.

hostname:!hostname-RSC@conserver0:23:&.log:10m

Hope this helps.

-Trevor

--