Timeouts after upgrading to V8

Rataski, Tom trataski@intlsteel.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:06:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,
We have been using V7 (and its updates) of conserver for over a year.
While trying to get V8 working I
 have run into a problem that I am having trouble resolving.  When the
conserver first starts up  and connects to all of consoles (all consoles
are through terminal servers) the connection is made and promptly  10
seconds later the select times out and the consoles are dropped. I have
watched the connection from the
 terminal server side and the connection is actually made to the
terminal server.

 The configuration of the system is this:
 FreeBSD V4.3 & 4.7.
 conserver V8.0.8
 Terminal servers are all either DECserver 700s or Lantronix
 There are no special options set via configure on building conserver.

 So... What am I missing here? Everything works fine with V7.2.7 but the
consoles timeout w/V8.0.8.

Thanks in advance for any help...
-TomR-

The output of the conserver -v

conserver: conserver.com version 8.0.8
conserver: default access type `r'
conserver: default escape sequence `^Ec'
conserver: default configuration in `/usr/local/etc/conserver.cf'
conserver: default password in `/usr/local/etc/conserver.passwd'
conserver: default logfile is `/var/log/conserver'
conserver: default pidfile is `/var/run/conserver.pid'
conserver: default limit is 16 members per group
conserver: default primary port referenced as `conserver'
conserver: default secondary base port referenced as `0'
conserver: options: none
conserver: built with `configure --with-master=ecasunix'

conserver.cf

default full {
	rw *;
}
default * {
	logfile  "";
	include full;
	master localhost;
}

console testit {
	type host;
	host ds700test;
	port 2008;
}
access * {
	allowed ecasunix;
	trusted 127.0.0.1;
}

Tom Rataski
ISG Cleveland, Inc.
trataski at intlsteel dot com

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by International Steel Group for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any individual or entity other than the named addressee (or a person authorized to deliver it to the named addressee) except as otherwise expressly permitted in this electronic mail transmission. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please delete it without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email to service.request@intlsteel.com.