Re: Port aliases

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:01:51 -0700 (PDT)

nope, every console entry in the cf file is opened and managed, so if
you point at the same device file or socket on a terminal server,
whichever console happens to come up first will grab the port and the
others will fail.

i'm kinda wondering, why do you want to reference the same port more
than once?  is it just so folks can say 'console host1' and 'console
host1_alias1' and get the same console?  if that's it, the idea is on
the TODO list (see the TODO file for the full list).  if not, what are
you trying to accomplish?

glad to hear things seem good aside from this.

Bryan