Re: TRU64 question

Carl Zwanzig czwanzig@panasas.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:57:30 -0700 (PDT)

Bryan Stansell wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 09:31:25AM +0100, Parkin Frank - fparki wrote:
> >       Has anyone got any suggestions to harden the security of conserver?

> i've mentioned a couple ideas on the users mailing list.  you can do a
> search on the main page to find stuff.  dedicated, protected, networks
> are your best bet at the moment, i believe.

FWIW, the large show network at Networld+Interop (remember that?) always
included a unrouted (flat) network to connect all of the terminals
servers & device management ports. You could only get to it from the NOC
network via NOC routers (aggressively filtered). We would also sometimes
play games with not setting default routes on some equipment to keep
them from talking to unknown sources.

z!
Carl Zwanzig