Re: polling consoles

Corey Hirschman corey@rentec.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:41:18 -0700 (PDT)

As of version 7.2.4 conserver is actually using SOKEEPALIVE.  This
explains that weird 2 hour behavior I was seeing.  If I killed the power
on the console server and then powered it back up, I would get no
logging for 2 hours.  Then a keepalive packet would be sent to all the
connections that were marked as up.  Since they were really bad
connections at that point, they would be marked as down.  Conserver
would then do it's auto up and reestablish the connections.  So this
pretty much takes care of polling the machines.  You do lose 2 hours of
logging (unless you feel like playing with TCP), but that is better than
it not coming up at all.

Corey