Re: Q: May conserver log to syslog?

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:09:46 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 10:20:17AM +0100, Kjell Andresen wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Kjell Andresen wrote:
>
> > http://www.conserver.com/FAQ didn't say anything about logging to
> > or via syslog.
> > I think it might be a good idea to maintain a second copy at some
> > loghost in order to be able to now what's been done if or when attacked.
>
> No answer to this one yet.

nope, no current way of doing that within conserver.  i suppose you
could hack something together by running conserver and piping the
output to a tool that would both log the data locally and send it
remotely (i'm think of something like a remote 'tee' command).  but, i
don't have anything like that.  the syslog idea is already in the TODO
file as a reminder that it would be useful...can't say when it would be
added, though.

Bryan