Re: Q: May conserver log to syslog?

Kjell Andresen kjell.andresen@usit.uio.no
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 01:20:20 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Kjell Andresen wrote:

> http://www.conserver.com/FAQ didn't say anything about logging to
> or via syslog.
> I think it might be a good idea to maintain a second copy at some
> loghost in order to be able to now what's been done if or when attacked.

No answer to this one yet.

> Timestamps is also valuable in this process.
> (just to add a linw with date message every hour or so)
>
> If it's possible already it would be nice to know! (v7.2.4)

It is. It's very simple as well. Just by adding a line to conserver.cf:

TIMESTAMP=1h

gives:

==> /site/var/consoles/jeffreys.log <==
[-- MARK -- Fri Nov 29 10:00:00 2002]

==> /site/var/consoles/nox.log <==
[-- MARK -- Fri Nov 29 10:00:00 2002]

Regards,
Kjell Andresen  Systems administrator, University of Oslo, Norway
                Center for Information Technology Services and
                Department of Geophysics