RE: Conserver and Cyclades TS models

Stephens, Kenneth G kenneth.g.stephens@intel.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:45:00 -0800 (PST)

Matt,

Just went through that with setting up a serial console here at Intel.  Yes,
you need the conserver daemon running.  Your /usr/local/etc/conserver.cf
file has the client/port/setup settings in it.  The console application
connects to the server and may connect to the client, if you have a daemon
monitoring that port.

HTH,

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Millard, Matt [mailto:Millard.Matt@principal.com]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 1:38 PM
To: users@conserver.com
Subject: Conserver and Cyclades TS models

I just got back from LISA '02 and attended David (-Z-) Harris's tutorial on
Advanced Console Remote Access and was intrigued by the Conserver
application.  I'd like to know how it would fit into my current setup.

I currently am running three Cyclades TS3000's, one Cyclades TS1000, and one
Cyclades TS800 on our production IP network in several different buildings.
We currently connect to the Cyclades via SSH2.  Our biggest problem is
figuring out what Cyclades currently has the terminal we are looking for
connected to it.

I have compiled conserver and set it up with my best guess as to how it
should work with this setup, but it seems to need a conserver process
running on the Cyclades?  How can I use the "console" command to connect via
ssh to the ports on the Cyclades?

Does anyone have any examples of how to set up the conserver.cf file with a
Cyclades?

Matt Millard
Principal Financial Group
IS Server Administration Team