Re: break sequence not working CS9000 -> Sun's

Michael Dolan mtdolan@twinight.org
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:01:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, corr0823 wrote:

> Since Netra's have no keyboard, they will not
> accept the alternate break sequence of
> ~CNTLB.

As I understand it, there existed a undocumented bug in the Netra OBP that
did not allow the alternate break to be set correctly. I am uncertain
which rev of the OBP patch fixed it, but all of our netra devices are
flashed with both the stdalone and system OBP flash files (patch 108620-04
and 108673-02 respectively), and all respond to the ~^B sequence. This has
been tested with a direct connection to serial B on another sun (E4500)
and through the conserver with the netra attached to a Digi PSCM32 console
device.

Try upgrading your OBP.

Remember though, the alternate break mapping isnt consulted until part way
through the boot sequence, so ~# should be used during memory test or very
early in the boot cycle.

-dolan