Re: break sequence not working CS9000 -> Sun's

corr0823 corr0823@yahoo.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:03:07 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bryan Stansell <bryan@conserver.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 08:48:14AM +0100,
> Nicholas.Penney@uk.ing.com wrote:
> > I have tried and tried but cannot get the \r~^b
> key sequence to cause a
> > break whilst connected to any of my servers using
> the CS9000's, however they
> > DO respond when I attach direct using a vt100
> console!
>
> i was curious, so i took a quick peek at the cs9000
> docs that are
> online.  i couldn't find anything except for the
> 'set telnet' command.
> there's a 'mapnl' option that looks interesting.  a
> 'show telnet line
> 1' should show if it's on for line 1.  i'd bet it
> shouldn't be.  the
> 'mode' option probably should be off as well.  i'm
> thinking that either
> the CR is being mapped to NL or a NL is being
> inserted or some other
> such manipulation is being done and therefore the
> sun isn't seeing the
> right sequence.  at least, that's my theory - based
> on no real idea of
> what those options are supposed to do since they
> aren't documented
> well.
>
> > The servers I tested (Netra's) do respond to a #.
> sequence to cause them to
> > drop to the LOM prompt, and from there I can do a
> reset but it's "just not
> > right".

Since Netra's have no keyboard, they will not
accept the alternate break sequence of
~CNTLB.

I have tested the alternate break sequence with
our CLIM and the CS9000 on an ultra10  with
KEYBOARD_ABORT=alternate set in /etc/default/kbd and
it
works fine.