Re: break sequence not working CS9000 -> Sun's

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:15:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 08:19:48AM +0100, Nicholas.Penney@uk.ing.com wrote:
> However no matter what I do I cannot get the servers to drop to the OK
> prompt when connecting through the console software.  Issuing ctrl-e,c,l0
> and/or ctrl-e,c,l2 both display the "[halt sent]" message and display ~^B on
> the screen but the server just carries on in full multi-user mode.
>
> Has anybody got these CS9000's working with this software?  Can you offer
> any suggestions as to how I can proceed to get this working?

i doubt the cs9000's are the problem.  i personally don't have an
alt-break setup to test with, but my best guess is that there needs to
be a 0.5 second delay between each character for this to work.  at
least, that's the info i'm seeing at sunsolve.  there is no delay in
the code.  so, the big test is, can you type <cr>,~,<ctrl-b> by hand
during a console session and get a machine to halt?  if so, it's
probably the delay issue.  unfortunately, there is no way to fix this
without some code changes.  but, if typing the sequence by hand doesn't
work either, something else is going on.  lemme know how it goes with
the test (it'll prove we *really* need that delay capability).

Bryan