remote modem with conserver?

gdsmarshall gdsmarshall@hushmail.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 02:57:52 -0700 (PDT)

I have installed conserver client and server on two separate Linux (x86) machines (A and B respectively), the B has a modem on /dev/modem, the A does not.

I would like to run a program on A (say minicom) which talks to the modem on B, but thinks it is talking to /dev/modem on A, will conserver do the job?  if so, what should the start up parameters be please?  I have run conserver client and server and typed AT commands in on A, and the modem reacts on B.  Nice program, I like it.  However, I do not understand if or how I can talk to /dev/modem (using say minicom) on A and using conserver client and server be actually talking to the modem on B.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Spencer

Communicate in total privacy.