what hardwares does conserver support?

David Harris zonker@certaintysolutions.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:51:21 -0800

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 03:03:20PM -0600, Kailash Kayastha wrote:
> Hello:
>
> What is the best, cheapest hardware that is compatible with the conserver?

  Well, how about a partial answer? :-)

  I've tested a bunch of terminal/console server devices with
Conserver. We've been making an effort to identify those
devices which will only send BREAK when you want to send it,
and not any other time. (This is important in Sun environments
using the serial console for remote console access...)

  However, you can see what we've found about a number of
different console servers on the page

       http://www.conserver.com/consoles/breakinfo.html

  Of course, you can also use on-board multi-port cards as
well with Conserver, but I haven't done extensive testing
with those. Perhaps others on the list can offer their own
experiences with various vendors and models. :-)

     -Z-    http://www.conserver.com/consoles/