Sun RSC console

Gobbo, Carl (CCL) CGobbo@carnival.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:01:07 -0800 (PST)

Currently I have configured a few portmasters connected to our serial ports
with conserver controlling our consoles.  We have been recently expanding
and upgrading to Sun 280R systems in our Data Center.  They all come with
the RSC port that allows remote console access.  I like the added features
of the RSC port over serial, but I don't like how it logs.  I would also
like to keep a consistent face on how to connect to all of our servers.

Rather then connecting up more servers to the portmaster (we are almost at
the point of needing yet another one), I would like to let conserver use the
RSC network port.  Does anyone have some of these configurations?

Carl
----
Carl Gobbo
Unix System Administrator