Re: HELP

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:03:35 -0700 (PDT)

You'll need a NULL modem cable and with 25 pin connectors on both
sides, one male, one female.  As for the terminal emulation, you'll
need to set the appropriate terminal type once you log in.  If the Sun
is running Solaris, you can edit the 'ttymon' line in /etc/inittab and
change the terminal type to whatever you'll be using (the -T
argument).  I usually set things to vt100 (so, '-T vt100' on the line)
'cause a lot of terminal emulators can do vt100.  Then, when you
connect with conserver, just make sure your terminal (be it an xterm,
hyperterm, whatever) is set to vt100 (or whatever you set the -T
argument to).

Hope that helps.  Good luck!

Bryan