"unknown peer name"?

Aaron Burt aaron@osdlab.org
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:31:22 -0800 (PST)

Howdy.  I'm having a bit of trouble with my new Conserver installation.
I'm going to be starting out with 64 hosts on a Conserver through a
Computone RAS2000/64 (silly RJ45 pinout but works fine otherwise).

I can connect to consoles just fine running "console <port>" on the
Conserver host, but when I run "console <port>" on another workstation, I
get "unknown peer name".

The workstation is explicitly listed by IP# as "trusted", and is in a
subnet listed as "allowed".  This happens both with 6.1.7 and 7.0.0.

"console -q" asks for a Root password, and then returns the same error.

Everything's running on x86 Debian Woody or Sid.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron Burt, Open Source Development Lab