commented lines *not* being ignored in cf files

Lonni J Friedman netllama@gmail.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2019 17:04:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,
I'm running conserver-8.2.2 on a Linux server.  I have a number of
'.cf' files which define the configuration for devices in different
parts of the network.  My config files are auto-generated, which
occasionally results in commented entries being generated for some
hosts, and then another un-commented entry further down in the same
file for the same host.  The man page states that any line that starts
with a '#' symbol (minus the quotes) is treated as a comment, and
ignored.  However, I'm seeing evidence that its not being ignored at
all, as I keep getting errors complaining about 'overridden'
definitions:

[Tue Mar  5 16:35:09 2019] conserver (3117): ERROR: console definition
for `c118.sjc002.fill' overridden
[/apps/nco-conserver/etc/config/fill.sjc002.cf:164]

In /apps/nco-conserver/etc/config/fill.sjc002.cf this host has the
following references (each on a separate line):

# console                       c118.sjc002.fill { type ipmi; master
 127.0.0.1; host 0; }
  console                       c118.sjc002.fill { type ipmi; master
 127.0.0.1; host 2.80.130.185; }

Am I misunderstanding how comments should work?

thanks