Re: Anyone using conserver on RHEL7

Nathan Straz nstraz@redhat.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2017 16:03:06 GMT

On Nov  1 07:14, Andrew Lemay via users wrote:
> Just curious if anyone is using conserver on RHEL7 and is using
> systemctl reload conserver to pull in new changes?
>
> Currently doing a reload fails.

We are using conserver on some RHEL7 servers, but they rarely need a
reconfig after we set them up.  I looked at the systemd unit file and
ExecReload is not defined, so reloads will probably fail.  While getting
them working, I think I just stopped and started the service.

Looking at the systemd.service man page, it looks like using signals is
frowned upon but still available.  Something like

ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID

should still work.  There's a possibility of using a console zap but I
think that would require some non-default configuration.

# console -M localhost -z reconfig
127.0.0.1: unauthorized command

Nate Straz
Cluster QE - GFS2