Re: conserver RUNAS=conservr ERROR: Master(): bind(782): Permission denied

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Wed, 8 Apr 2015 05:44:30 GMT

You'll need to use the -p option to bind to a port number 1024 or greater.  Only root can bind to ports below that.  Your console client will need to use the same option to connect to the server at that point (or you rebuild from source with a port other than 782 so both client and server match).  There are other tricky ways to get around the restriction as well...a favorite search engine should find the options.

Bryan