Re: conserver and ssh

Anton Lundin glance@acc.umu.se
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 10:53:58 GMT

On 04 January, 2013 - Robert Berger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to create something like a central place to configure various
> things around conserver.
>
> First I just would like to have conserver to ssh to various machines,
> but I don't get a prompt.
>
> Here is what I do on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

<snip/>

> default * {
> # The '&' character is substituted with the console name
> #logfile /var/consoles/&;
> logfile /var/log/conserver/&.log;
> # timestamps every hour with activity and break logging
> timestamp 1hab;
> # include the 'full' default
> include full;
>  sslenabled yes;
>  sslrequired yes;
> }
>
> console ssh {
> master 192.168.2.132;
> rw *;
> type exec;
> exec ssh 192.168.2.160;
> }

<snip/>

The ssh exec'ed there won't have a local pty, so by default it won't
allocate a remote pty. What you need is to add -tt to ssh to force it to
allocate a remote pty. Also usefull for this type of debugging is to add
some -v's to ssh-cmdline to see whats its actualy doing.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604