Re: Problem with SysRq commands, IPMI SOL, and conserver

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr@telemetry-investments.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:48:27 GMT

Thanks Stew.  FYI, this seems to work for me with ipmitool:

break 2 {
        string "\~\d\B";
}

console samplehost {
        master conserver;
        type exec;
        break 2;
        execsubst C=cs;
        exec /usr/local/etc/ipmi_solsession.sh C;
}

where ipmi_solsession.sh is a script that runs this command:

   ipmitool -f /etc/ipmi.passwd -U <user> -I lanplus -H $host sol activate

In practice, I find that ipmitool console sessions seem to lose the connection
after a while.  I have found that usesolkeepalive is even worse than the
default keepalive method.  Consequently, I find that I miss error messages
printed to the console.  Has anybody else had this problem or know how
to fix it?  Is ipmiconsole more successful at keeping the session open?

Regards,
Andy