Re: Slow connection time - turning off reverse DNS lookup

Dirk Wetter dirk.wetter@googlemail.com
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:51:12 GMT

Hi Felipe,

apart from deconfiguring reverse lookup for every
client side instance using DNS I would rather try
to understand what's going on. Look into the client
system logs and DNS logs, as well as looking into
the DNS network traffic.

If the IP address migration "just" occured, maybe
there's a caching issue on the server side. Or all
of a sudden clients try UDP first which fails for
some strange reason, then TCP? Or whatever....

On the client side you could as well use nscd to cache
DNS entries. However it might be also a good idea
to restart it, if you changed DNS on the server
side, if you have NSCD it running already.

HTH,

Dirk