Re: Conserver usage/reliability

Andras.Horvath Andras.Horvath@cern.ch
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:18:43 GMT

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 03:58:45PM +0100, Pearce Andy wrote:

> If you are in a company that uses the product it would be great
> if you could reply with company name and a rough number of machines
> supported ( via single server or multi server etc), and how reliable
> you have found it.

CERN IT here, and we're just deploying conserver. We use ipmitool to
access IPMI SOL consoles, with 2-300 clients per server.

We've started using conserver for all new installations just recently,
so only five servers with about 900 client machines are deployed so far,
but we'll quickly be in the few thousand clients range later this year.

So far so good, it looks pretty stable. *fingers crossed*

N.B. we use external means (our configuration database) to keep track of
which client is connected to which server, and users connect to the
server in question directly.

HTH

Andras