power/reset control from conserver

Bjorn Helgaas bjorn.helgaas@hp.com
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:23:24 GMT

I'd really like to be able to use a conserver escape sequence to
reset or power cycle a system, for example, by using PowerMan.
Having this ability inside conserver would be handy because it
would automatically target the correct machine and reduce the need
to exit/re-enter "console".

Is there a way to do this in conserver?  Would this be useful to
anybody else?

Apparently ConMan can do this with "&R" and something like:
  SERVER resetcmd="powerman --cycle %N"
in /etc/conman.conf.  But I have a long history with conserver,
so I'd rather not switch.

Bjorn