Re: conserver exit on failed NSS lookup

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:11:18 GMT

Those two lines should be independent of themselves.  In other words,
the first (pcitfiot05) logs an exitsbecause the command to bring up that
console exited (with a value of 1).  The second line must be a PAM-based
LDAP error string...and if it takes down all of conserver, I'd like to
know.  I don't have anything in the code to actually exit, so I'm
guessing it's the PAM library doing that.  Unless you're just assuming
conserver is exiting because of the first line...which would be a bad
assumption.

Anyway, maybe that helps clear things up...but if conserver is really
exiting, I hope there's some way to tell the PAM bits to not do that.
Running in debug mode (-D) might help see things too.  Do you get any
"CheckPass():" entries in the log file?  PAM issues should be logged
with that string (unless, of course, it's triggering an exit and not
allowing conserver to deal with the issues).

Bryan