Re: power/reset control from conserver

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:21:31 GMT

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 04:12:02PM -0500, Bill Peck wrote:
> I provided a patch to support this ages ago but it was never accepted
> upstream.  Not saying it was the best of code..  but it did work.

Sorry about that...it certainly got lost amonst things - and I never got
back to looking at it.

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 08:26:56AM +0100, Fabien Wernli wrote:
> That being said, a more general 'execute external command on keystroke'
> would be the way to go, IMHO. But then again maybe that's what this is about
> anyway.

Yep, I'd agree.  The patch from Bill is certainly a good start at that.
There's a lot of work to make things that wouldn't block on I/O, can be
interrupted, supports two-way communication, etc, but a good idea.  Sort
of like ^Ec|, but server-side.  I envision commands that would either
interact with the console itself or with the user.  But maybe just the
user would be sufficient for most cases.

Bryan