Conserver through a proxy server?

Zonker consoleteam@gmail.com
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:47:35 GMT

  I find myself in a situation where I must access a restricted network via a proxy server.

  Conserver here is a "normal" setup... many local (in-building) console servers, and a few remote console servers via the WAN, all using RAW connections to the console server ports.

  The new twist is that we need to manage ports on a secured network. Using a VPN is not an option offered to us. The Conserver host has a Production interface, and a backup net interface. The host does not have a free card slot for an additional Ethernet interface. (It would be politically difficult to put secondary addressing on the Production net, and it would be a security risk to overlay a new network on the Backup network...)

  It looks like I might be able to use IPTables to do this (point to a proxy for a specific subnet), then I need to see if I can get ports on the proxy to bounce me to the console ports. Has anyone done it this way? How did that work out for you?

    Thanks in advance for your replies, and best regards,

          -Z-

--
ConsoleTeam - Support and training services for Conserver users.
www.conserver.com/consoles/