Connection times out

Lisa Doherty Lisa.Doherty@nau.edu
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:03:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi all. Still pretty new at this and at system administration. I have 2 Opengear CM4148 boxes which appear to be happily configured. One has relatively few connections to support (about 8) and the other supports about 40. Initially connection times and response times seemed to be quite good. Lately though, the connections to the Opengear box with 8 ports occupied is a little slow. Connections to the Opengear box with 40 ports occupied frequently times out before even presenting a login prompt. This is true of both ssh and https connections. I tried to ping the Opengear box and notice that I have 30 - 40% packet loss over 30 - 35 pings. I've change the port on our network switch and tried a new network cable.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks in advance,
Lisa Doherty