Re: RE: down a bunch of consoles

Fabien Wernli wernli@in2p3.fr
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:46:44 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 09:12:58AM -0800, Harris, David (IT Solutions US) wrote:
>   From the client (communicating with any individual host), you can use
> [ctrl]+[e],  [c],  [d] to "down" that port.

yeah I used that in an expect script to down many at once. Not very reliable
:o)

> simply comment out the lines associated with those ports, and then -HUP
> the main Conserver process. (And you can re-enable them later by editing
> the file and deleting that lead-# comment marker, and then re-HUP-ing
> the main process again).

yeah sure but I dont like it because:

1) I like to keep my conserver.cf files in sync between my 6 conservers
   which means I have a cron to do that.

2) I believe it's a maintenance task, which should be handled by 'console'
   it'd be kind of cool to be able to 'console -u' to check nobody's
   connected to some consoles, then 'console --down <list of consoles>'.
   I mean there's a mechanism for downing a console. Why not one for many?

thanks for your time