RE: only root can use console command?

Phillip Pacheco ppacheco@genesyslab.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:02:45 -0800 (PST)

I don’t have a conserver.passwd file.  I don’t want to force authentication for users who already have access to the machine.  This install is a replacement for conserver version 7.x.  It did not require authentication.  Currently the user ‘root’ does not require authentication.

Where do I define authentication anyway?

Phil

From: Harris, David (IT Solutions US) [mailto:david.k.harris@siemens.com]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 2:30 PM
To: Phillip Pacheco; users@conserver.com
Subject: RE: only root can use console command?

   What do you have in the conserver.passwd file?  You *DO* have one, don’t you?  J

  Most of my users are set to authenticate with their /etc/passwd file entry…

         -Z-

David 'Zonker' Harris
Silicon Valley Service Delivery Center, Network Operations

Siemens IT Solutions and Services, Inc.
Infrastructure Management Services
39600 Eureka Drive
Newark, CA  94560