Conserver protocols.

Phillip Pacheco ppacheco@genesyslab.com
Wed, 2 May 2007 15:44:39 -0700 (PDT)

Bryan,

My boss is asking probing questions about the conserver service during the planning phase of upgrading to the newest version of conserver.  I have read the conserver man page, but a few things are less then clear.  Could you please answer these questions to satisfy my boss’ concerns/curiosity?

  1. Does config file need to be identical on each client server?  My boss would like to generate dynamic config files on each client for a decentralized configuration.  Is this possible?
  2. What facility/protocol is used for communications between the client server and the master server?  To be clear, we currently use a master server, a few client servers, and several Cyclades console servers.  Is the communications protocol between the console port and the Cyclades device the same protocol as between the client server and the master?

Thanks for your help.  The Conserver software is a great product, and your support has been above and beyond.

Phillip Pacheco

WIS-UNIX

Genesys