Re: To ask a familiar question: auto-login of console connections

Chris Ross cross+conserver@distal.com
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:31:26 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 2, 2007, at 22:25, Chris Ross wrote:
   So, I dropped back to plain boring perl.  I'm just reading
lines from STDIN, and when I see the prompts I want, I'm
printing things to STDOUT.  However, it doesn't seem to be
working.  As far as I can tell, the things I print to STDOUT
aren't getting passed across the socket (in this case, a
connection "type host")

Okay. I'm not totally sure what happened. I think it was a buffering problem. I think I was buffering the output, and it wasn't getting sent. I tripped across fixing it, and now have it working using select, sysread, and syswrite.

  Someday, I may get back to trying to use Expect to do it
in what is likely a more "right way," but.

Thanks for the pointer that it could be done!

- Chris