Re: Setting remote port speed

Carl Zwanzig cpz@tuunq.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:36:46 -0700 (PDT)

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Christopher Fowler wrote:

> I'll add one thing here.  The best thing to do is create a standard.
> 9600,N,8,1 is a good setting.  Make sure all of your console can conform
> to that.  This way you do not have to worry about one device being 57600
> while another is at 19200.

So some extent I've tried that approach. It works until you need to flatten
the config of some remote device and it's default isn't your usual settings.
(Or some device loses it's brain..)

My method is to keep an up-to-date list of the default settings of each
type of device out there (along with the default uname/password).  In the
end, there's less resetting of port configs.

z!