Re: Using conserver to secure cisco routers

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 23:25:46 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:28:47PM -0800, Mark Jayson Alvarez wrote:
> Bryan Stansell <bryan@conserver.com> wrote: hey mark...yep, that's
> what conserver was made for.  ;-)
>
>  You mean multiple logins at the same time using only one /dev/cuad0
>  ??? When I tried it, console complained that "hey, mark is
>  connected"..

only one person will be in read-write mode at a time...the others are
forced into read-only mode.  if you use the '^Ecf' escape sequence,
you'll grab read-write mode and force the previous writer to read-only
mode.  and if the read-write person disconnects, it will pass read-write
mode back to the latest read-only person who wanted read-write mode.
you can also use 'console -f <name>' to automatically force read-write
and bump the other person to read-only.

Bryan