Re: Cygwin & local ports

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 11:48:49 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 11:33:27AM -0700, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> currently I'm on cygwin, but the *real* setup with more ports will be on
> Linux.  Proof of concept, y'know.
>
> I built conserver with: --with-extmsgs --with-port=7072
> --with-master=localhost

> I'm sure there's something obvious here that I'm missing, but I'm not
> sure what.  I think it's trying to forward the connection somewhere,
> rather than using the local serial ports.  That might be useful at some
> point in the future, but for now, all I want to do is talk to a serial port.
>
> Suggestions?

hmmm...well, what's going on is the server is not realizing it should be
managing these ports (for some reason).  for whatever reason, it must be
getting confused with the localhost/127.0.0.1 entities...usually it
recognizes that they are one in the same, but in your case, it appears
it does not and it keeps redirecting the client to itself.  very
bizzare, given that you have 'master 127.0.0.1' in the config.

i'd love it if you could do two things for me....could you please do:

    /usr/local/sbin/conserver.exe -DDD > conserver.out

and then

    console -DDD a > console.out

and send both conserver.out and console.out to me?  there certainly
appears to be a bug...and hopefully that will shed some light (and
perhaps allow me to ask you further questions).  i have a feeling that
if you did had the same setup on linux, you wouldn't run into this
issue (works fine on my solaris box, for example).  so, most likely a
compatibility issue with cygwin or perhaps your cygwin config, but with
the info above, hopefully we can debug it (just send directly to me...we
can update the mailing list with the results in the end).

Bryan