Re: Disabling authentication

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:20:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 09:49:58AM -0600, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> On the topic of security, I need the opposite.  This should be an easy
> one for someone...
>
> access * {
>   admin user;
>   trusted 172.50.*.*/16;
> }

i think the '.*.*' part is biting you.  try:

access * {
    admin user;
    trusted 172.50/16;
}

> Then there's the little fact that I get parse errors when I try to
> specify a line like "defaultaccess trusted;" in my default * {} block.

that should be in the access block above, instead of a default block.
then the parse error should go away as well as the command-line option.
but, if the 'trusted 172.50/16;' works as it should, you wouldn't need
it.

that clear things up?

Bryan