RE: Permissions problems with conserver 8.11

Phillip Pacheco ppacheco@genesyslab.com
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:51:07 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you, Thank you!

Using the -M switch did the trick.  I hadn't noticed this before, but
one of the production "conserver servers" has a CC name of "console".
This is why I was getting the wrong server when I attempted to connect.
It is also why I never noticed this fundamental configuration feature.

I see in the man page of the "console" command that it is necessary to
define the default server name at compile time.  Is there an alternative
to this?  I would like to define the server name in a configuration file
instead.  If this is not possible now, will it be possible in future
releases.  I ask because my boss has a preference for using pre-compiled
programs to ensure uniformity.  I suppose that I can create a shell
alias as a band-aid solution.

Thank you one last time.  I am stoked to have finally solved this
problem.  Now I can move on to tweaking the config to my liking :).

Phillip Pacheco
Genesys