Console logging options

William P LePera lepera@us.ibm.com
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:26:14 -0800 (PST)

I have a quick question about the console logging options in conserver 8.1.
Our implementation starts conserver in daemon mode, with the -i flag.  This
causes console output from each console to be logged when it is opened.
Logging terminates when the console is closed (along with the console
connection).

If the -i flag is omitted, will conserver attempt to open connections for
each console configured in conserver.cf?  If so, is this different from
starting conserver with the -u flag?

Finally, if conserver is started with -U (capital "u"), is the log data
*only* written to a single unified file?  Are the individual log files (one
per console) no longer available?

Thanks,

Bill
Bill LePera