Re: lag with version 8.1.12

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:24:22 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 10:26:30AM -0800, lorne vaught wrote:
> Was there a major change between 7.2.7 and version 8 that would cause this
> difference in response?  Is there an option I should configure that will address
> this issue? Anyone using a similar configuration of OS, terminal server, version?

wow...interesting!  there were so many changes, i'm not sure what would
be going on.  but, i am curious what telnet options might be
negotiated...this might (maybe?) be triggering something bad.  the
easiest would be to have conserver only connect a single port and run
with -DDD.  then use the client, connect, type a few things, and shut it
all down.  if you could send that info, perhaps something will look
suspicious.  if the 'got telnet' and 'sent telnet' debug lines don't
show me much, perhaps the other will.

and what happens if you have conserver connected to one port and you
telnet to another?  does that second port respond slowly?  if so, we
must be making the term server go ballistic.  if not, then it's
undoubtedly all inside conserver (assuming that one console is still
showing lags).

there's my 2 cents on where we should start.

Bryan