Re: Proper Break entry for Ctrl-Alt-Del

Hauke Fath hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:28:04 -0800 (PST)

Am 22.03.2005 um 8:11 Uhr -0500 schrieb nathan r. hruby:
This is a serial console, sadly, there is no kernel :)

Ah...

I just unpacked a machine, hooked it up and discovered it has some ish
with its drives.  So I'm hoping to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot it remotely
a few times while I wander through the various BIOS bits for the RAID
controller and junk.

Another WAG - can you set up ctrl-alt-del as a break sequence? [Looking through conserver.cf(5) myself - no, nothing obvious.]

And - since the peecee most likely maps serial i/o to a keyboard and MDA adapter - does its documentation say anything about how it maps ctrl-alt-del?

hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik