Connect Securely to Lantronix SC1620 "ports"

Michael Dolan mtdolan@twinight.org
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:29:14 -0800 (PST)

We have a dozen or so Lantronix SC1620s (V 4.4.1) and we would like to
make secure connections to the "serial ports" of each device.  The current
firmware allows for an IP connection to the SC1620 and then specify the
port number and it will pass you through just fine.

But we cannot do the same with SSH/ssl encrypted connections, and
Lantronix claims that it isnt supported in the lower models (like ours).

Has anyone out there dealt with these or devised a nice work around to
this problem?

Thanks,
-dolan