Re: Signals to pipe processes

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:25:25 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 11:39:03AM -0700, Egan Ford wrote:
> I am still using conserver 7.2.5, I have custom scripts (e.g. |script.pl) in
> conserver.cf.  When conserver is shutdown what signals are sent to processes
> created with | in conserver.cf?
>
> I am checking for HUP and TERM, but fail to catch any.

well, in *theory* when the server shuts down it "downs" all the consoles
as it's exiting, which results in a SIGHUP (yeah, not the most
appropriate signal) sent to all the programs (the original idea was that
it would be a shell running which would interpret that as a "go away
now").  i'm not 100% sure the code works right (as i haven't tested it),
so there could be issues.  using 7.2.7 might make that work better...or
may not change things at all.  you should be seeing the SIGHUP when you
do a '^Ecd' as well...if not, something's going on.

oh...just has a thought.  a shell is invoked (sh -c "cmd"), so the shell
would be seeing the HUP, and not the program.  that's probably the
issue.  at least, that's my guess.

Bryan