Re: SSL config info

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 16:49:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 07:23:55PM -0400, Nikolaos Papavassiliou wrote:
> the ssl package, and then recompiling conserver. I have no idea what
> went wrong with the
> first ssl installation, but it seems to be much better now.

that's pretty wild.  glad you got it to work, though!

> In the process, I also discovered an error in the makefile for conserver
> (again, Solaris 9
> on an Ultra1, and gcc-2.95.3). This error was reproduced on both 8.1.5
> qnd 8.1.6 versions
> of conserver. If I am doing something wrong please let me know. Here is
> the situation:

yep...that's a bug.  thanks for catching it and providing all the
details (sure helps, since i don't use that).  i'll make sure the fix is
in 8.1.7.

> I have been using conserver since version 6.1.7 which I stumbled upon
> when looking for something
> like this on the web, about 4 years ago. I think it is a great package

wow!  so you've definitely suffered through some of the good, the bad,
and the ugly versions.  i hope you find 8.1.6 nice and stable now that
the kinks have been worked out.

Bryan